I feel bad for you. You get a bad rep as being a horrible day. I know, I too am guilty of cursing you and being upset that you are here, but it isn't your fault that you landed on the first day of my work week.
To show you that I am sorry I have compiled a short list of things that are GREAT about Mondays. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the past moments of dissatisfaction with you and accept this list as my peace offering.
Things that are great about Monday:
1. It is easy to spell. Unlike it's friend, Wednesday, with it's crazy un-pronounced letters. (For those of you out there who DO pronounce the N in Wednesday, please stop. That is really annoying.)
2. It follows our weekly holiday, THE WEEKEND!!!!, and promises to be filled with "What-was-I-thinking" stories and digital cameras filled with fun memories.
3. It brings the guarantee of coffee into our lives. A Monday morning without coffee is like a dog and cat making a baby... its just un-natural.
4. It is always PACKED with work and tasks that need to be accomplished,which makes the day go by faster. It also helps you to plan the rest of your week, knowing what still needs to be accomplished.
5. For a few short months of the year the phrase "Are you ready for some football?" resonates through homes nation wide on this special day.
6. There are multiple holidays that are celebrated on Mondays: Labor Day, Memorial Day, Martin Luther King Day, and Columbus day, just to name a few.
7. The Bangles sang a song about Mondays. So did Fleetwood Mac and The Mamas and the Papas.
8. Monkey Monday Sushi Specail at the Funky Monkey on Mills in Orlando. Half price sushi from 5 pm to 11 pm.
9. It is a great day to go out for dinner. Statistically they are the slowest days in the restaurant business.... which means no waiting for the best table in the house.
10. Monday rhymes with fun-day. It has to be a good day if it rhymes with a word, made up or not, that has "fun" in it.
So to conclude, Monday, thank you for always putting up with our bad attitudes and sleepy eyes. I can't promise that we will never be mad at you again or say "I hate Mondays!" again, but use this list for those times that you don't feel appreciated and know that you are loved.